THERE AND BACK AGAIN

A Dork's Tale by Alex Great

Friday, August 7, 2009

Grand Canyon, Psychics, and Beer Towers... oh my

Sorry that I haven't posted in a couple of days. It's been pretty low key lately, and I haven't had access to the internet until now. I re-planned my trip while I was in Albuquerque, so the route in my picture is going to look a little different now. After Monument Valley I stayed the night in Flagstaff. Then I went to the Grand Canyon the next morning before driving in to LA.

The canyon looked like a painting, it was SOOO beautiful! Sadly, as seems to be the running theme of this trip, it was a bit hazy that morning too so as great as the pictures came out, they don't do the view justice.





Driving into LA took FOREVER!!! Once I got there I was in such a crappy mood from the drivers there. I thought NY drivers were bad, OMG! I could not live in LA, and thats a scary thought considering I want to get into the film industry. I met up with my old friend, Jay, and went out to some bars in the Hollywood area. It was a fun night, we met a guy from Arkansas who believes he's a bit of a psychic... why do I keep meeting these kinds of people on this trip? After a long discussion about spirits, energy, and religion, I got to see a view of the city at night. Sadly I was stupid enough to forget my camera, so no pictures, sorry!


The next day, yesterday, I drove up to San Francisco to meet up with my old roomie, Nikki! Last night we went to see "Funny People" cuz thats what Nikki and I do, we sit around watching movies together all day haha. We were disappointed though. The movie was WAY too long, only epic dramas and quest films should be close to three hours long, not comedies! It wasn't even that funny, I really liked the concept but the film major in me had a lot of problems with the editing and writing. It could have been a lot better, but I liked Seth Rogan and Jonah Hill's parts in it; and I really like Aubrey Plaza! Adam Sandler has been
better. I'd recomend people wait for it to come out to rent if you haven't seen it already.

After that we met up with our friend, Matt Marando. He's visiting Nikki too cuz he's planning on moving out here, but probably down in LA for music industry stuff. The three of us went to a karaoke bar and polished off a beer tower, which I had most of. I need to buy one of these things for my new apartment!!!


After a tower of Mordor's worth of beer, we went up to the stage to sing "You've Lost that Loving Feeling" and "Don't Go Breaking My Heart". All in all, a very fun night first night in San Fran.

I've been spending today mostyly just relaxing. It's the first day in two weeks that I haven't had to drive for at least 6 hours straight so I'm trying to take it easy haha. I'll be spending today online and gathering all my things I brought here when I thought I was moving over to the sunnier coast. I FINALLY GET MY DVD'S BACK!!! They're like my babies so this is a very big thing for me. If any of you have been to my apartment you know how many dvd's I actually own; I pretty much have my own blockbuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment