THERE AND BACK AGAIN

A Dork's Tale by Alex Great

Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's times like this I wish I had a gambling problem...

**pictures to come soon, I'm having wifi difficulties**


I need to come back to Vegas, like ASAP. This place would by far be the most entertaining venue for a drunken vacation with your bestest friends. I realize that statement is kinda in the "duh" categorey, but you think you'd know what to expect until you actually come here. I mean, I had this much fun and I'm here by myself!

Anyway, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself... I went to Yosemite National Park yesterday. It was beautiful, I went for a walk down the stream, did a bit of meditating, took some pictures, yadda yadda yadda... back to Vegas :P

I went for a short walk during the daylight hours, not that interesting. So I went back to my motel and relaxed a bit until the sun went down. When the neon beams hit the pavement, so did my feet. I took plenty of pictures, although I wasn't comfortable giving any of the drunkies my camera so none of them have me in them sadly. For some reason neon lights fascinate me, so I think I had the most fun taking pictures here in Vegas.

I saw the largest video screen in the world (or so the announcer guy claims) as they played this hippie-tastic music video for "American Pie." For some reason Freemont Street was celebrating the Summer of '69, so everything was decked out in flowers and tydye. They even had a few bands playing classic 60's rock. One of which had my future husband playing guitar (the blond int he glasses). If you saw my status, no worries, I didn't actually get elloped to a musician... just fantasized about it :)

I wish you guys could of heard his voice!!! It's like he was channeling a combanation of Van Morrison and Bruce Springstien. I didn't get to talk to him, but I have the band name so you can expect a heavy amount of facebook stalking on my part, hahaha, just kidding... maybe...

Tomorrow I'll be back in Albuquerque with my best friend, Paul. I'm not sure when the next time I'll get to see him will be so when I remapped my route I was sure to include a weekend long visit. Apparently he had to reschedule a date, so now I get to meet her before anyone else! I promised not to be too embarrassing; I'm the wing man, hahaha.

Five more days until I'm back in NY, better make the most of it! Till next time my followers...

No comments:

Post a Comment