THERE AND BACK AGAIN

A Dork's Tale by Alex Great

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Professional Wino

Sorry again for taking awhile to update y'all on my where abouts and activities. Although to be honest I've mostly been doing a lot of relaxing.

I've been to San Francisco before (seeing as I was a hop, skip, and a jump away from moving here), so it's not like I haven't seen the sights yet. So I've taken the opportunity to veg out and give my wheels a rest.

Since my last post, Nikki's parents had a big shin-dig at their house for all their work friends. Nikki, fresh from graduating from bartender classes, provided the cocktails from the party and taught me some fancy tricks to get ahead of the game when I take a class in Boston this fall. I now know how to make lemon swirls, you know, the little twirly garnish made out of the rind that you sit on the rim of the glass. Impressive huh?

After a topsy-tipsy night with the Rayfields, Nikki and I went wine tasting in Sonoma Valley. It might not be as beautiful as Nappa, but I couldn't beat the prices. It was much more affordable, which was apparent in my purchases of two bottles per winery. We went four winerys... you do the math.

I love love love wine. I really want to find a nice bottle of wine from 1986, my year of birth, and save it for some really special event; like my 50th birthday or when I make my first million... I've never been able to age wine, I guess it's the lush in me :P

No comments:

Post a Comment