THERE AND BACK AGAIN

A Dork's Tale by Alex Great

Monday, August 3, 2009

Now I'm Getting Hit on by Alien Men?!?

Now don't get me wrong. I had a great time in Roswell, and I would love to go back to home land of abductions some time with a group of friends. But I will have to wear a disguise in order to step foot in the alien museum ever again.


After walking through the exhibit for about, oh... TWO MINUTES, this guy who had to be older than my father came up to me and started asking me if I was a believer yet. I figured the people working at an alien museum probably start conversations with visitors like that all the time; you know, to get them to buy into the whole ET stuff. I made conversation with the guy, and he was actually pretty educated guy so it didn't go too poorly. He thanked me and went on his way to other guests.



He returns asking me what I think so far. I personally believe that our universe is too big for our planet to be the only one with life, but that doesn't make me a believer of the Roswell conspiracy. However, the exhibit actually tells its story pretty convincingly. So I told him that the whole thing would make a really good movie, which lead me to reveal that I'm an aspiring film-maker... probably giving him too much information about myself than I should have divulged. He seemed pretty interested and gave me his e-mail address, he didn't ask me for mine so I wasn't suspicious yet but still kinda wondering why he was spending so much time with me. He left me to look at more of the exhibit. The plot thickens...


While I was looking at this big replica of a Mayan carving, he came over to me and made his move. I'll try to quote him as best as my memory permits (I may have blocked some of it out)... "I like your eyes, they're are intriguing. You're eye lashes and the darkness of your eye-brows and eyes make them look so mysterious." I took the compliment, and quickly turned the conversation back to little green men.


At least I have a story to tell I guess...

1 comment: